LanderStudent

I'm a student going to Lander College for Men, in Kew Garden Hills. Since I found relatively little information about the school not provided by them before I personally showed up, I though I would try blogging my experiences. Since then, I have continued, if only because people here nag me about it when I don't post.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Registration for classes

I'm in Rabbi Bronspigel's Shiur - I registered for it and the rest of my classes. Mostly. Well, at least partially - I still don't know what is happening with my classes in math, since they were waiting for a couple of the students to decide which classes they need to graduate - basically, it was scheduled to fit my needs and wants - they created another finite math class just so we could take it during the day, which is not in any way a bad thing. Of course, it did mess up my scheduling something fierce. Oh, and I get to decide whether I prefer to take Calculus 4 again, (ie. Multivariable, through Green's theorum) or something else, since I need 3 more regular classes and 5 electives for the math degree after this semster (possibly less, if they are nice about transfer credits, or if I decide to change my schedule.)

Essentially, I can graduate in a year and a half, assuming I am fulfilling my distribution requirements - which are another 8 classes (ouch!) This means I'm here for a while, but it's not so bad, since most other places would take just as long, if not significantly longer. The worst part, however, is that I'd like to take more classes than I'm required to, but I don't think it makes sense either financially or in terms of graduation date to either do more than full time study, or stretch out my degree to do other classes. It is painful to admit it, but it seems the system has stuck me with this educational Catch-22, and there is little I can do.

On the up side, the professors all seem to be teriffic, the guys are tons of fun, and are all, without exception so far, genuinely nice people. To temper the rampant positivity, my room still isn't unlocked, so I'm hoping the person who will be my roomate shows up before I go back after ma'ariv tonight. And the library is closing, so I'm going to go prepare a bit more for shiur tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>