LanderStudent

I'm a student going to Lander College for Men, in Kew Garden Hills. Since I found relatively little information about the school not provided by them before I personally showed up, I though I would try blogging my experiences. Since then, I have continued, if only because people here nag me about it when I don't post.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Commenting

I was originally assuming that I would leave commenting off, because I didn't think there was very much that people would want to respond about. I was corrected by someone here, so I enabled comments. I certainly didn't think that a blog like this would need a commenting policy, but clearly it does. I'm not going to mention the obvious things, since they fall under the category of acting like a mentsch. The less obvious things, it now appears, clearly do need to be mentioned. I do, of course, reserve the right to delete anything I wish, as that is part of commenting on my blog. I've seen the general concept of politeness in comments put several ways. That's basically where I get my predjudices on the subject. If you don't like them, that's OK, but they are pretty generally accepted. To clarify, I think posts should conform approximately to the following short set of rules;


  1. Comments should be about the contents of the post. If a comment discussion wanders, that probably won't matter, but try to keep the discussion about the topic at hand.

  2. Snide comments about people or institutions are pointless. If there is a specific point to be made, in any kind of well written form, I welcome the input. Otherwise, posts that simply say "Me too" or "Hi, I exist" don't contribute anything.

  3. Personal messages should be emailed, or said in person.

  4. Anything you reasonably think will add to the topic is more than welcomed. I would be happy to see this turn into a discussion of the pros and con's of attending school here. The exclusion implied should be obvious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< List
Jewish Bloggers
Join >>